2022 Premiers’ Reading Challenge
HHPS is very excited to be participating in the Premiers’ Reading Challenge (PRC) again this year.
All students across Prep to Year Six have been registered and are welcome to join the Premiers’ Reading Challenge.
Your unique username and password will be sent home this week (Week 2 of Term 2) You will find the details in your child’s Yellow Home Reading Journal or their HHPS Diary. You will need these so that students can access the Premiers’ Reading Challenge website, where you need your unique log in details.
Ø Student Name
Ø Password (Please note the password is a number)
How to log in online
- Go to the Challenge application at: https://vprc.eduweb.vic.gov.au/home
- Select the School Coordinator or Student button.
- Select the VPRC login option.
- Enter your username and password.
- Select Login
A series of links to help you navigate the challenge site can be accessed on the Department of Education website (including adding books, such as home readers or ebooks) can be accessed at: https://www.education.vic.gov.au/about/events/prc/Pages/school-students-parents.aspx
It is also recommended that books are entered progressively onto the system throughout the Challenge. The school Coordinator will verify books throughout the Challenge, which will be done on a weekly basis, but please keep in mind that the system updates overnight.
Family Support with the Challenge and Reading:
Whilst it is encouraged that students enter their own books, when the age of the student, access to school computers or the internet or other factors makes this difficult, parent help is permitted to record books. Family members can use the unique username and password to record reading. Families can provide assistance at home or involve their children in selecting and entering books online.
To be successful in the challenge you must complete the following requirements:
• Prep, Years 1 & 2: 30 books in total and 20 or more from the Challenge List.*
• Years 3 – 6: 15 books in total and 10 or more from the Challenge list.
- Prep, Year 1 and Year 2 students can read independently or ‘experience’ books for the Challenge. ‘Experiencing’ a book can include a range of home activities such as a shared reading, listening and reading along with a text and being read to. Students can share their reading with, family members, teachers, aides, siblings or other students.
Challenge Booklists can be accessed on your ‘dashboard’ and also at: https://www.education.vic.gov.au/about/events/prc/Pages/booklist.aspx
Please note: The Premiers Reading Challenge is not managed by HHPS, so if you are experiencing any technical difficulties, please contact the Premiers Reading Challenge support line; Email: email@example.com
During 2020 we completed the challenge remotely and we created this guide.
Click here for Premier’s Reading Challenge Family Guide for logging in